Monday, July 7, 2008

Training ADHD

WOD

Jumping squats, triples, 135, 135, 185

box jumps, highest box, two and one legged

Stronger Leg

Weaker Leg*

Tabata row (20s on/10s off X 8), about 100m each time

* It steams from a very serious injury that happened over two years ago. Rule #1 : Don't get injured. Notice how I paw the ground. That is my psychology trick for getting amped up. Crossfit suggests you stamp your feet.

Notes: I was planning on max effort shoulder press day but my shoulders were tired from yesterday's gymnastics. I want to train whatever I am doing. I went "crazy" yesterday and detoured from just challenge training. The same thing happens with climbing. When I boulder, I want to campus and get super strong. When I climb routes, I want to do laps forever and get super endurance. I had to settle for lower body dynamic effort. Reason #276 the UCSB sucks: the plyometric boxes are too small/not stackable. I am unable do a 1 RM box jump. First time doing Tabata row with new display, it is easier to focus on the workout. I improved in later intervals, my spm went from 35 to 34. Pull harder, not faster.

No comments: