Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Getting ready for Olympics ... err ... my challenge

WOD

1) lots of pull-ups, muscle-ups, dips,push-ups (all on rings)

muscle-ups

dips

push-ups

2) ring dips, ladder 1-5-1-3-1

3) ring push-ups, 3X20, short rest between sets (i.e. :10)

4) pull-ups, 3X11, longer rest between sets (i.e. 1:00)

Notes : Today was a long day of gymnastic work. The muscle-ups felt good because I found a rhythm. Remember: "goggle the horizon." I don't quite have the dips dialed. I slipped and my kip could be improved. The push-ups were fine. They will be a sufferfest. Here is the breakdown for the gymnastic portion of my challenge:
muscle-ups - got it
ring dips - possible but very hard
ring push-ups - got it
pull-ups - need a miracle
front lever - possible but very hard
l-sit - need a miracle
I'm a fucking climber and like overhanging jug fests. Why is 40 dead hang pull-ups and 1:30 L-sit shutting me down? Commonsense says the hard events should be the squat and DL for me. Maybe I should quit climbing and just powerlift. The only problem is my dislike of the Bench. Sorry Crankenstein!

1 comment:

elijah said...

um...
"The only problem is my dislike of the Bench." - you

You're dead to me.