Thursday, July 17, 2008

Personal Training with Brian Spiering

Since I have been more immersed in fitness because of challenge training, I decided to help out my friend Brandon. He wanted to switch up his routine and train with me for month. He came from an average training background, middle 20s, familiar with basic exercises and conventional rep/sets schemes. The first day, 6/17/08, he was tested. Here are results:

Max Reps
pull-ups : 9
dips : 11
push-ups : 17

1 Repetition Max
back squat : 165
shoulder press : 90
deadlift : 185

Those are not bad numbers. He followed a program designed by me for one month. The goal was improve all those numbers, expose him to new movements, and put some weight on him. He worked hard. Here are results from the follow up:

Max Reps
pull-ups : 13
dips : 18
push-ups : 25

1 Repetition Max
back squat : 185
shoulder press : 115
deadlift : 265

Bravo!

No comments: