Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Self-Coached Lifter

WOD

1)DL, single, 315, 365, 385, 405(f)
DL, triples, 315, 315, 315, 315

2) pull-ups, singles, 90, 115, 135

3) good morning, triples, 135, 135, 135

Notes: My right wrist is jacked. WTF! I can't support weight with it. I was planning to rack pull 438 (challenge weight), but the racks are UCSB are weird. I lost count on the number of reasons why the UCSB Recreation Center is not designed for athletic development. I guess the name says it all. Deadlifting is fun. I really like it. It is a primal feeling. I'm back at it. 365, double bodyweight, felt light. I ripped 405 from the floor, but the bar was away from shins. I could have wrestled it back, but I backed down. Trying to tame my ego. Same stupid problem as cleans and snatches. I have to keep the bar close. I went down in weight and worked on form. I have a mental block against going heavier with pull-ups. I have strict standards for pull-ups, and I can't cleanly pull a heavier weight. My back is a weak link with the deadlifts and the whole challenge. Lots of back training. I'm rambling and excited because just got back from the gym.

No comments: