Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Challenge, Part IV : Gymnastics

The front lever was the first event in the gymnastics portion. The quality is debatable, but it was a satisfying PR.

front lever, 15s

Weighted pull-ups were next. I had to fight for 135.

pull-up, 135

Keeping the balance.

dip, 135

The biggest disappointment was maximum repetitions pull-ups. I did so many pull-ups during training. I could only eek out 22.

It wouldn't be a CrossFit day at the UCSB Recreation Center without being informed that were breaking the rules. This time it was "unapproved photography". Time to head outside.

I don't think I have ever tested my vertical jump. It turns out I have good hops, 25'' vertical (approx), but not the best measuring system. It involved me chalking up my fingertips and measuring with webbing, stupid climbers.

Insert Your Own Caption ...

I knocked out out 11 handstand push-ups. Easy.
I knocked out 25 pistols each leg. Easy.

I felt locked in with L-sit and set a great PR. It became a whole body experience with everything giving out at the end.

L-sit, 41s

Word of the Day

Muscle-ups were another disappointment, 5. It was becoming very warm at that point.


Ring dips, 24. Hard.

Ring push-ups, 41. PR!! Very Hard.

No comments: