Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Challenge, Part I : Olympic Lifting

I started my challenge day like all my other days, eggs & coffee. With a full bell and slight buzz, I started to lift heavy weights very fast.

Matt strugglin' in the morning.

The first event was the Snatch, one of my weakest events. Ironically, I get by being relatively strong. The video catches the end of my best lift. It would have been 3 red lights in Beijing. My backyard rule: If the bar goes up, the lift is good.


Snatch, 155

The clean was up next. I tied my PR which was disappointing because I had done a far amount of training for this lift in particular.

Clean, 205

I was so excited to test the slow lifts that I forget to test overhead squats in my backyard, where I could dump the weight. I had to do it at the UCSB Recreation Center and play it safe.

Overhead Squat, 155X1

No comments: