Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Challenge, Part II : Powerlifting

Back squat, my strongest lift, was the first event in the Powerlifting portion. I warmed-up and failed at my challenge weight of 350. I rested and got it: double body-weight, 3 white lights, Fuck Yeah.


Back Squat, 350

I did less well on the shoulder press, something about heavy weights over my head gets me nervous. I had a heartbreaking failure at 160 but got 155.


Shoulder Press, 155

I trained for PR in the deadlift but had to settle for double bodyweight. I did break 2.5 bodyweight from the ground but couldn't finish the pull.


Deadlift, 350

Benching is hard for me, and I didn't have much in the tank. I did it at the end of the heavy lifts because it is similar to resting. (It is the only event that you lie down to compete in.) I made 225, which is a warm-up lift on most days.

No comments: